The Australian Catholic University Limited (the University) is regulated by the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) which protects the privacy of your personal information. The purpose of this privacy statement is to let you know what information is collected about you, for what purpose, how the information is used by the University, to whom it may be disclosed, and how to contact us to seek access to your personal information, correct your personal information or make a complaint.
ACU is committed to ensuring that your personal information provided to us during the recruitment process is handled by staff in the Human Resources Directorate (HRD) in accordance with our privacy obligations. ACU collects and uses personal information from job applicants and referees relating to applications for employment. This information is taken directly from applicants and referees and from third parties in relation to pre-employment screening checks and for the purposes of considering applications and undertaking probity to ascertain work rights and suitability.
There are occasions where the selection panel for a role includes a member who is external (not an employee of ACU). In those cases ACU will take reasonable steps to ensure that the external member handles the information in accordance with ACU’s privacy obligations.
The provision of information requested is voluntary but if you do not provide the information requested we may be unable to progress an application or recruitment process.
- If you are applying for a job at ACU, we will collect personal information from you as an applicant. ACU may also collect personal information about applicants from third parties, such as recruitment agencies or previous employers, when it is relevant to the recruitment process.
- If you are a referee the ways in which we collect personal information about you are when:
- an applicant provides us with your contact details and informs us that you have consented to such collection; and
- when you provide information to us, including your opinions of the suitability of an applicant to work with us
ACU may use third-party service providers to process job applications and manage the recruitment process. We may disclose personal information about prospective employees to third-party service providers for this purpose. Third-party service providers may collect, hold, use, and disclose personal information of prospective employees in the provision of recruitment services to ACU, including reference checking.
Information provided may be disclosed to external organisations to ACU University. This would generally be for reporting and benchmarking purposes and in these circumstances no personal details will be divulged.
An applicant can make a written request to view any personal information the University holds about them in the formal recruitment record via email@example.com.
If you are located in the European economic area and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies, you may also contact ACU regarding your right to exercise the following:
- receive personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- restrict or object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- withdraw any consent to our processing of your personal information.
- SMS services are not enabled on our Portal. Please do not tick the "Receive SMS" option.
- Confirmation code emails can take up to 5 minutes to be generated and recieved by your provider.
- ACU does not accept candidate applications submitted by external recruitment agencies through the ACU Careers website.