Campus Location: Canberra, Australia | North Sydney, Australia | Brisbane, Australia | Melbourne, Australia
Job No: APTAV105703#004
- Lead the Cyber Security strategy and direction in partnership with senior stakeholders
- Drive multi-year programs of work and ensure operational cyber security team excellence
- High impact national information security leadership position
- 17% employer superannuation, salary packaging, ACU Advantage Staff Rewards Program and generous leave provisions
- Continuing, full time role that can be based at our Melbourne, North Sydney, Brisbane or Canberra campus with hybrid flexibility
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses - Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield, Blacktown and Rome.
ACU aspires to be a home for our staff, offer the care of a family and develop an academic and professional community. Whatever your faith or culture, and whether you are academic or professional staff, there are many opportunities both for learning and contributing at ACU.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
About ACU Cyber Security:
Cyber Security works to protect ACU against the evolving landscape of cyber-threats, through a risk-based approach. The functional group consists of two teams that work closely together:
- Enterprise Information Security provide assurance to ACU of protection against cyber-threats through setting a robust IT security and risk management strategy, assessment of threats, operation of cyber security services, and continuous improvement; and
- The Cyber Security Program team undertakes a continually evolving program of work in order to deliver significant improvements to ACU's cyber security and identity posture.
About the role:
As National Manager, Enterprise Information Security you will provide leadership for the management of information risk and cyber security across ACU. The National Manager maintains and executes a strategic information cybersecurity roadmap, investigating, planning, executing, and managing multi-faceted projects, activities and tasks related to information security and technology risk management, mitigation and response, compliance, control assurance and user awareness. The role is focused on developing and driving security strategies, policies and standards, ensuring the effectiveness of solutions and operations of these through team members and providing security focused consultative services and solutions to the organisation.
More specifically the role entails:
- Developing and delivering the University's evolving information security environment in order to enable business agility and minimise the university's exposure to information security and technology risk to an acceptable level.
- Leading change management and communications to raise awareness, adoption and proficiencies of current and future information security architecture, policies and practices.
- Overseeing the identification, design, planning, execution and management of relevant multi-faceted, multi-million dollar, multi-year activities, initiatives and projects.
- Developing cyber security strategy, roadmap, frameworks and policies.
- Providing specialist advice to the broader University with respect to foreign interference and providing strategic and tactical direction and consultation on information security and compliance.
- Identifying and evaluating new and emerging security trends, innovations and threats and provide advice on recommended actions.
- Leading the development and design of the enterprise information security architecture, in line with University policies and encompassing security systems, people, and processes
- Leading the containment, management, and investigation of major security incidents, liaising with IT staff, ACU stakeholders, government and external entities as required
- Leading, mentoring and developing staff in the Enterprise Information Security team and providing expert advice to the Chief Information and Digital Officer (CIDO).
For full position details, refer to the Position Description.
General enquiries can be sent to Mark Brodsky, Associate Director, IT Strategy & Program Delivery - Cyber Security Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer:
- The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
- Total remuneration valued between $165,211 - $204,157 total rem (pro rata) pa, including salary component $139,804 - $173,091 (pro rata) pa (HEW 10 classification salary range), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- 17% employer superannuation contributions to eligible continuing and fixed-term staff.
- Annual leave loading of an equivalent to 17.5% of four weeks' salary pro rata payable, dependent on your commencement date.
- As an ACU staff member, you will have access to generous benefits which include but not limited to: Staff Rewards; a variety of leave provisions and salary packaging. Find out more information about the benefits or working at ACU here.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Review the Position Description and become familiar with Our Mission and the Application process
Step 2: Click the 'View Position Description and Apply' button, and populate your candidate application details, including your:
- resume (maximum 5 pages).
- responses to the Selection Criteria and Core Competencies in a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) or in the online Declaration and Criteria application page.
- brief online responses to any pre-screening employment questions.
Candidates must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position. For permanent/ continuing roles, applicants must have permanent work rights. For further information visit Immigration and Citizenship(homeaffairs.gov.au)
Acting in truth, ACU is dedicated to the dignity of the human person through equitable and respectful opportunities for everyone. ACU can offer support for candidates that may require adjustments through the recruitment process.
Your Privacy of personal information is maintained in accordance with ACU policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications close: 29-NOV-2023 at 11:59pm AUS Eastern Standard Time
ACU does not accept candidate applications submitted by external recruitment agencies through the ACU careers website.