Campus Location: Melbourne, Australia
Job No: APTAV102523#003
Manage ACU's new state-of-the-art human metabolic chamber.
17% employer superannuation, salary packaging, ACU Advantage Staff Rewards Program and generous leave provisions
Full time continuing role at our Melbourne campus
- Join a university ranked internationally in the top 2% for research excellence
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses - Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield, Blacktown and Rome.
ACU aspires to be a home for our staff, offer the care of a family and develop an academic and professional community. Whatever your faith or culture, and whether you are academic or professional staff, there are many opportunities both for learning and contributing at ACU.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
About the role:
As the Principal Research Officer (Human Metabolic Chamber), you will oversee the day-to-day running and maintenance of the human metabolic chamber by utilising a range of technical skills and knowledge including mechanics, electronics, I.T. and human metabolism. This will require liaison with Maastricht Instruments (The Netherlands) to coordinate software and hardware updates, problem-solve technical issues and provide technical and research support to end-users of the metabolic chamber.
General enquiries can be sent to John Hawley, Director, The Mary MacKillop Institute for Health Research at: MMIHR.Director@acu.edu.au
What we offer:
- The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
- Total remuneration valued to $145,804 - $155,580 total rem (pro rata) pa, including salary component $123,217 - $131,572 (pro rata) pa (HEW 9), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- 17% employer superannuation contributions to eligible continuing and fixed-term staff.
- Annual leave loading of an equivalent to 17.5% of four weeks' salary pro rata payable, dependent on your commencement date.
- As an ACU staff member, you will have access to generous benefits which include but not limited to: Staff Rewards; a variety of leave provisions and salary packaging. Find out more information about the benefits or working at ACU here.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Review the Position Description and become familiar with Our Mission and the Application process
Step 2: Click the 'View Position Description and Apply' button, and populate your candidate application details, including your:
- resume (maximum 5 pages).
- responses to the Selection Criteria and Core Competencies in a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) or in the online Declaration and Criteria application page.
- brief online responses to any pre-screening employment questions.
Acting in truth, ACU is dedicated to the dignity of the human person through equitable and respectful opportunities for everyone. ACU can offer support for candidates that may require adjustments through the recruitment process.
Your Privacy of personal information is maintained in accordance with ACU policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Advertised: 11 October 2023
Applications close: 3 November 2023 at 11:59pm AUS Eastern Standard Time
ACU does not accept candidate applications submitted by external recruitment agencies through the ACU careers website.