Campus Location: Canberra, Australia
Job No: APTAV108291#002
- Provide leadership and make outstanding and innovative contributions to learning and teaching
- Opportunity to focus on teaching or a teaching & research pathway at ACU
- Full time, continuing role to commence in 2023 at the Canberra Campus
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses - Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield, Blacktown and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
About the Faculty of Health Sciences:
The Faculty of Health Sciences comprises three schools: Allied Health, Behavioural and Health Sciences and Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine. There are currently approximately 14,000 students (EFTSL) and 530 (FTE) staff in the faculty under the disciplines: occupational therapy, speech pathology, social work, exercise science, exercise physiology, nutrition science, biomedical science, nursing, midwifery, paramedicine, physiotherapy, psychology and public health. The Faculty is represented across seven ACU campuses. The Faculty's current research priorities focus on Cardiovascular Disease and Metabolism, Health Services Research, Nutrition, Sports Performance and Rehabilitation, Psychology and Mental Health. Further information about the Faculty can be found at: https://www.acu.edu.au/about-acu/faculties-directorates-and-staff/faculty-of-health-sciences
About National School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine:
The National School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine has the largest intake of nursing, midwifery and paramedicine students in Australia. The school comprises a team of highly motivated and dedicated academic and professional staff who have built a strong teaching and learning environment as evidenced by student demand, entry levels and student course evaluation over several years. Further information about the school can be found at: http://www.acu.edu.au/about_acu/faculties,_institutes_and_centres/health_sciences/school_of_nursing_midwifery_and_paramedicine
About the role:
As the Senior Lecturer in Paramedicine, you'll provide academic leadership by undertaking coordination responsibilities and/or other leadership portfolios and develop and provide lecture, tutorial and laboratory classes in core units. You'll also contribute to the administrative, quality improvement, risk management and/or
governance functions of the school.
More specifically the role entails:
- Making a significant contribution to the learning and teaching scholarship and/or research performance of the school.
- Leading and supporting curriculum design to develop high quality innovative teaching informed by contemporary discipline specific research and reflective practice.
- Developing effective practice in others through mentoring and coaching to create supportive, inclusive learning environments.
- Supporting students by providing feedback and guidance that achieves expected learning outcomes, encourages self-reflection and enhances the learning experience.
- Undertaking research into practices of teaching, learning and curriculum development and produce high quality publications that inform teaching practice, including internal and external grant applications.
- Teaching and supervising honours, masters and/or PhD students.
You will need to have:
- A Masters Degree in Paramedicine or related discipline is essential. Enrolment in a Phd or equivalent and having successfully completed Mid Candidature review or equivalent is desirable.
- Current unrestricted registration with AHPRA (as a Registered Paramedic).
- Demonstrated experience in the effective teaching and supervision of Honours, Masters or PhD students.
- Evidence of leadership and significant contribution in curriculum design and development.
- Demonstrated contribution of scholarly activities which facilitate student engagement and develop understanding of paramedicine.
- Evidence of research into practices of teaching, learning and curriculum development that have resulted in high quality publications, presentations and/or workshops.
- Demonstrated experience in the effective coordination and/or management of units, courses or suite of courses.
- Demonstrated experience in the effective coordination, supervision and/or mentoring of staff.
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and/or Working with Vulnerable People Check (WWVP) (ACT only).
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description from the website. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description and outline how they would support the mission of the university. To apply for this role click the 'View Position Description and Apply' buttons above or below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $154,846 - $168,247 total rem (pro rata) pa, including salary component $130,847 - $142,171 (pro rata) pa (Academic Level C), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Associate Professor Cathy Dickson, Head, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine (NSW) at: email@example.com
Candidates must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position. For permanent/ continuing roles, applicants must have permanent work rights.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Find out more information on the benefits of working at ACU at: www.acu.edu.au/about-acu/careers-at-acu/why-work-at-acu
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Previous applicants need not re-apply
Applications close: 30-JUN-2022 at 11:59pm AUS Eastern Standard Time