- Join a world-class regulator and contribute to people and animal safety in Australia.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and have carriage of an interesting and varied range of legal matters.
- Unique potential for work-life balance with relocation assistance and flexible working.
- Open to Australian citizens only.
Looking for an opportunity to challenge yourself and step-up your legal career? Interested in working in a fast-paced environment as part of a small in-house legal team? Join us in providing high-quality legal services to a world-class regulator.
Given the changing nature of the APVMA’s operating and legislative environment, the successful candidates will need to develop an in-depth knowledge of the role and functions of the APVMA, retain an awareness of the legislation and legislative instruments administered by the Authority, and maintain expertise in relation to legal skills and legal system requirements.
More information on the position can be found in the Candidate Information Package below.
Our Ideal Candidate / Selection criteria
To be considered for these roles you will need the following essential criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality legal advice in a complex and sensitive environment with a strong focus on client service.
- Demonstrated ability to manage major programmes and contribute to strategic direction while maintaining an internal client focus.
- Sound knowledge of public administration with a particular focus on sound financial management and governance practices in the Australian Public Service.
- Strong people and negotiation skills, highly developed communication skills and the ability to work collegiately with a broad range of stakeholders from industry, government, and the wider community.
- Sound knowledge of and compliance with legislative frameworks, government decision-making and agency guidelines and regulations, solve complex problems and manage complex issues for internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed ability to work as part of a team, both giving and receiving feedback and working collaboratively to achieve common goals.
The following desirable criteria will also be assessed:
- Experience working as a lawyer within a Commonwealth legal and /or regulatory agency.
At the APVMA, we value your skills and potential. We provide a collaborative and growth-oriented environment where your contributions are recognized and appreciated. If the prospect of working for a world-class regulator sounds like you and you're ready to take the next step in your career, apply for this position today!
For further information on the position, please contact Janine O'Donnell, General Counsel on 0461 596 247 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring the possibility of welcoming you to our team.