- Join a world-class regulator and contribute to people and animal safety in Australia.
- Operate with initiative and play a valuable role in the APVMA's strategic direction.
- Unique potential for work-life balance with relocation assistance and flexible working.
- Open to Australian citizens only.
Are you an experienced business professional with a high level of discretion and initiative? Keen to operate at a high level affecting important decisions in a federal government agency? Join us in shaping a brighter and safer future for Australians.
The Executive Officer will provide high level strategic and operational support direct to the CEO on a wide range of complex and organisational issues. The role will be required to maintain close working relationships with all members of the Senior Executive Service (SES) and the Office of the CEO. A high level of professionalism, discretion, and initiative in dealing with sensitive and/or confidential information is required.
More information on the position can be found in the Candidate Information Package below .
Our Ideal Candidate / Selection criteria
To be considered for these roles you will need the following essential criteria:
- High-level organisation, research, interpersonal and administrative skills, including the ability to be flexible, set priorities, meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at all levels and provide advice to the CEO, senior executives, and other staff.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate persuasively through clear and succinct briefings, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to drive collaboration and influence effectively to resolve complex issues across a range of program areas and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead people with empathy, being agile to navigate change and work toward mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills and experience in applying expert judgement in the resolution of complex organisational issues.
The following desirable criteria will also be assessed:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications such as a bachelor’s degree across the fields of communications, humanities, law and regulation or business administration.
At the APVMA, we value your skills and potential. We provide a collaborative and growth-oriented environment where your contributions are recognized and appreciated. If the prospect of working for a world-class regulator sounds like you and you're ready to take the next step in your career, apply for this position today!
For further information on the position, please contact Melissa McEwen, A/g Chief Executive Officer, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring the possibility of welcoming you to our team.