- Join a world-class regulator and contribute to people and animal safety in Australia.
- Develop sought-after scientific experience with a small public service agency.
- Unique potential for work-life balance with relocation assistance and flexible working.
- Open to Australian citizens only.
Are you a motivated science professional committed to scientific rigor and excellence? Keen to expand your skillset with a world-class regulator and step up your career in scientific assessment? Join us in safeguarding environmental safety as Australia’s ag-vet chemical regulator.
Working in a fast-paced small team environment, the Assessor will apply scientific methodologies and assessment protocols to work in a regulatory context. You will prepare high quality written technical materials while utilising good knowledge of subject matter relevant to ag-vet chemical usage and regulation.
More information on the position can be found in the Candidate Information Package below .
Our Ideal Candidate / Selection criteria
To be considered for these roles you will need the following essential criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental toxicology, or a relevant chemical, agricultural or biological science.
- Ability to balance workflows and prioritise workloads and tasks to deliver high quality outcomes in a timely manner.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with proven ability within a regulatory setting to evaluate, provide advice and make decisions on complex information in both data-rich and data-poor environments.
- Ability to work in a team environment using effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently, with demonstrable evidence of well-developed written communication skills.
At the APVMA, we value your skills and potential. We provide a collaborative and growth-oriented environment where your contributions are recognized and appreciated. If the prospect of working for a world-class regulator sounds like you and you're ready to take the next step in your career, apply for this position today!
For further information on the position, please contact Dinesh Madhavan, A/g Director Environment on +61 2 6770 2397 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring the possibility of welcoming you to our team.