- Great opportunity to join a world-class regulator and advance your career.
- Play a critical role in shaping the organization's approach to health, safety, and employee wellness.
- Flexible working arrangements with unique potential for work-life balance.
- Open to Australian citizens only.
Are you passionate about fostering a culture of safety and wellbeing within an organization? Are you a motivated, skilled professional with a passion for making a difference? Join us in shaping a workplace that prioritizes the health and happiness of our staff.
Working with the People and Culture team, the Senior Health, Safety and Wellbeing Officer is a team player who works across the business to enhance the agency’s Work Health and Safety capability and embed a culture of safety awareness and wellbeing.
Having an excellent knowledge of relevant legislation, you will be responsible for leading WHS policy development and implementation in response to legislative and operational requirements. You will act as a consultant to all levels of staff, increasing staff awareness of WHS and ensuring compliance with legislation and safe workplace obligations.
In the implementation of WHS policy, your role will oversee incident response, early intervention strategies, WHS investigations, and ensure adequate reporting mechanisms are in place. You will work to create a structured and systematic approach to collecting, analysing, and acting upon information related to workplace health and safety incidents, hazards, near misses, and other relevant data.
The role will also involve championing and promoting health and wellbeing initiatives to all staff, developing wellbeing strategies, and working closely with the agency’s diversity and inclusion functions.
More about the position can be found in the Candidate Information Package below.
Our Ideal Candidate / Selection criteria
To be considered for these roles you will need the following essential criteria:
- Recognised qualifications and/or significant high-level experience in Work Health and Safety.
- Demonstrated track record as an effective safety professional with the capability to manage, assure and improve safety systems at a whole of organisation level.
- Comprehensive knowledge of work health and safety legislation and associated frameworks with the capacity to rapidly understand the APVMA operating context and risk profile.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to liaise, collaborate, build productive stakeholder relationships, and engage with senior executives with credibility and competence.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of high-quality governance documents, consistent with legislative obligations and preferably within a government sector context.
- Demonstrated project management skills including a proven track record of continuous improvement and demonstrated examples of developing and implementing WHS & Wellbeing initiatives.
For further information on the position, please contact Regan Wood, Assistant Director People and Culture on 02 6770 2473 or email@example.com.
Please direct any recruitment related enquiries to Jarrod Lee, Talent & Systems Officer on 02 6770 2350 or firstname.lastname@example.org.