Information Specialist - Library
Heathdale Christian College is a co-educational, Kindergarten to Year 12 College operating at Werribee and Melton Prep to Year 9 in 2022. The Library Technician will work and act in accordance with the Biblical principles and beliefs, as set out in the College Statement of Faith and Values. It is an inherent requirement that staff are supportive of and abide by the Christian foundations, Christian ethos and Christian practices of the College.
The Library Technician will support staff and students of the College in the full utilisation of the library services, resources and facilities. This position will be responsible for providing direct customer service and support to students and teaching staff including, but not limited to library services, resources, information services, technical support and promotional activities.
We are looking for someone who can:
- create efficient and well-guided systems for organising, retrieving and circulating resources
- provide training and assistance to students and staff in the effective use of these systems
- interpret information systems and technologies for students and teachers in the context of curriculum programs
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- A passion to upskill and complete a Diploma qualification in Library or demonstrate relevant work-related experience
- Strong skillset in the use of technology
- At least two years’ experience in a design role
- Valid WWCC ‘E’ & Police Check
Benefits of working with us:
- Our staff are encouraged to continue to develop and grow in their own abilities as educators and staff at the College
- Work in a Christian and caring work environment
- Each morning is commenced with Staff Connect Time (devotion with key updates)
- Supportive Pastoral Care Team
- Prayer Partners are allocated each year for staff
How to Apply:
If you have the relevant skills, abilities and qualifications, please click on the Apply button now to submit your application. A detailed position description is located below, and if you have any further questions please contact People & Development via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The College has a zero tolerance of child abuse. We have established a series of Policies, Procedures and a Code of Conduct for all employees, volunteers and contractors working with our students. This is aimed to protect children from abuse and embed a culture of child safety in the school environment.