About the role
Are you passionate about building therapists’ skills and helping change the lives of families and children in the community? MacKillop Family Services is looking for a dedicated and courageous leader with strong mental health clinical training to supervise and lead a team of 2-4 therapists in implementing Multisystemic Therapy Psychiatric (MST-P) in the Bayside Peninsula and Southern Melbourne regions. Supervisory and leadership experience is preferred.
Responsibilities include clinical and administrative supervision for therapists on team, liaison with key collaborating agencies and with leadership inside the provider organization, ongoing training, staff development, and evaluation for therapists, and collaboration with MST expert consultants. With backup from other agency supervisory staff, the supervisor will be required to provide on-call support to therapists implementing MST. MST is a well-researched community-based treatment model directed at youth involved in criminal activity and their families. MST-P is an adaptation of MST created to serve families with young people at risk of out-of-home placement due to serious behavioural problems and co-occurring mental health symptoms such as thought disorder, bipolar affective disorder, depression, anxiety, impulsivity and substance use/abuse. For more information on Multisystemic Therapy, please watch this video: How Does MST Work?, or visit MST’s website: www.mstservices.com.
Please review the attached position description for more details.
For more information, please contact Doliza Reyes-Bibbs, at Doliza.email@example.com
- Permanent Full-Time opportunity with hybrid working arrangements in South Melbourne, VIC.
- $118,000 – $125,000 per year (dependent on qualifications and experience)
- Up to $18,500 in Salary Packaging entitlements (helps increase your take home pay)
- Fully maintained company vehicle
- Extensive Ongoing Training and Career Development in CBT, IPT BA, DPT and other evidence based approaches to Mental Health problems
- Click HERE to find out more about becoming a member of the MacKillop Family Services team and what further support we have to offer our employees.
- The role requires a Masters degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counselling or a related subject area.
- Valid and current Driver’s Licence;
- Satisfactory Criminal History Check (paid for by MacKillop);
- Valid Employee Working with Children Check;
- Valid and current NDIS Workers Screening Check (for risk assessed / client facing roles). MacKillop can assist successful candidates with their application.
Preferred specific experience in:
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e., structural, strategic and functional) family therapies,
- Individual therapy with adolescents and adults using cognitive behavioral techniques
- Behavioral therapy targeting school behavior and academic performance
- Provision of group and individual clinical supervision
- Two to three years of clinical supervisory-level experience preferred.
How to Apply: Click Apply Now where you will be redirected to sign in to our recruitment portal. If this is your first time applying for a job with MacKillop, you will need to register for an account. For a step-by-step guide, please download the guide here: https://www.mackillop.org.au/uploads/Careers/Recruitment-Portal-How-to-Guide.pdf
MacKillop celebrates and draws strength from diversity and respects the dignity of all people. Every person at MacKillop has the right to be safe and to be treated justly. We value every person’s ability, cultural or linguistic backgrounds, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, intersex status, relationship status, religious or spiritual beliefs, socio-economic status, and age.
It is our goal that MacKillop Family Services continues to evolve as a culturally safe, culturally competent, and welcoming organisation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people, families, and communities.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Shortlisting for this position may commence immediately so please submit your application as soon as possible.