General Manager Service Delivery
• Full Time/5 Year Fixed Term Contract
• Starting Location Foster, Victoria
• Flexible Working Arrangements Available
• Public Entity Remuneration Policy Executive Employment Agreement PSES-2
About South Gippsland Water
As a public sector entity, South Gippsland Water is a Victorian Water Corporation responsible for water and wastewater service provision for over 22,000 customers located in 22 towns across a service delivery area of more than 4,000 square kilometres. We manage, maintain, and operate 8 water and 12 wastewater systems.
Why Work for South Gippsland Water
With its unspoilt beaches, world famous Wilsons Promontory at your doorstep, wineries, gourmet restaurants and cafes, farmers markets, a relaxed lifestyle and a pleasant 2-hour drive from Melbourne CBD, you can have the best of both worlds.
With our Corporate Office based at Foster, South Gippsland Water employs a broad range of people in various roles, ranging from office to field based roles across the South Gippsland Region.
We are a diverse, community-oriented organisation and offer the following:
• Strong commitment to an inclusive workplace culture
• Career development and advancement opportunities
• Attractive salary
• Strong focus on professional development and training
• Family friendly with flexible work options
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid monthly Rostered Day Off (RDO) to eligible employees
• Paid Parental Leave
At SGW diversity is celebrated and respected as important for our wellbeing and success. We strive for a workplace that is equitable and inclusive. We welcome diversity in applicants.
About The Role
We are currently seeking an experienced person to join SGW in the role of General Manager Service Delivery.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Executive to join SGW and have input into not only the outcomes, but also review and identify opportunities for improvement across systems, safety, compliance, and employee engagement. This is a true senior leadership role where you will have a strategic focus as well as delivering operational outcomes.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, and as a member of South Gippsland Water’s Executive Leadership Team, the position will play a key role for the overall service delivery operations of Water Treatment Operations, Wastewater Treatment Operations, Water and Wastewater Network Operations, Faults and Dispatch Management, Maintenance, Trade Waste Management and Environmental Management.
The key requirements of the role are:
• Provide strategic advice, reporting and options to SGW’s Managing Director, Board, and other Board sub committees to support informed decision making.
• Manage significant operating and capital budgets of multiple teams and sites, ensuring best value for the organisation in engagement of contractors, procurement agreements, plant and equipment utilisation, and salaries.
• Lead the Division and manage resources professionally with priority given to health, safety and wellbeing, enabling capable and well performing employees, sound team communications, and management of workforce processes including after-hours service coverage.
• Delivering plans, policies, reports, budgets, and forecasts for a range of internal and external audiences including government agencies, stakeholders and partners, SGW employees, industry associations and the Board of Management.
• Professionally represent the Corporation at a range of key stakeholder and partner forums for the purpose of maintaining effective professional relationships that facilitate organisational needs being met.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the key selection criteria, and are interested in applying for the role, you can do so by clicking on the 'Apply' button to create a candidate account and complete your online application
Candidates will need to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status. All SGW sites are covered by Victorian Chief Health Officer Directions and SGW COVID 19 Vaccination Requirements Policy.
If you require further information before you apply, please contact:
• Robert Murphy, Managing Director. Phone 0407 864 293 for role specific information; or
• People and Culture on 03 5682 0467 (For general application/employment enquiries)
Thursday 22nd September 2022 at 5.00pm